Don't Cry Over Spilled Blush
We've all been there. We're putting on our face for the day and - whoops - the compact containing our powder/blush/bronzer/highlighter flies out of our hands and smacks the floor, turning our beloved product into a cracked, powdery mess.
Your inclination might be to pitch it and head to the store to pick up another one.
Here's where I am a good person, but a terrible store owner - I'm here to tell you NOT to do that. You CAN salvage that product and save some money.
Here's what to do:
1) Scoop up as much clean powder as you can. If there are whole chunks left in the container, scoop those out. Place them on a small plate (you may want to use a paper one if you have it) and smash away. Pulverize it all.
2) Carefully return the now crushed powder back into the compact.
3) Add a few drops of rubbing alcohol (or vodka, if you don't have rubbing alcohol). Let it sink in.
4) Once the alcohol is fully integrated into the powder, cover the product with plastic wrap and, with the back of a spoon or your finger, start mashing. Mash it all down and smooth the product out.If the product doesn't come together, repeat steps 3 & 4.
5) Leave the product to sit overnight, uncovered, to let the alcohol evaporate.
6) Check the product in the morning - it should be as good as new.
And you can spend your money on that new lip color you've been eyeing instead of on replacing a product that you just bought.
For more tips, subscribe to out newsletter!
- Elizabeth Quesnelle